Tuesday 8 February 2011

Georgian Girl

This was actually the next photo in one of my piles to scrap when the sketch was published at Pencil Lines. I decided to flip the sketch as my daughter is facing left in the photo. She is dressed in a replica Georgian outfit so I turned to these heritage papers and was pleased to find that the blue one is an excellent match for the doll she is holding. The right angle between the two papers was looking a bit harsh so I added a piece of doily which I think echoes the lace on her mob cap. I didn't have the right size or colour alphabet so I printed this title on scrap paper, pierced holes and stitched it.

Supplies
Paper - Craft Creations Ivory Small Stars, American Crafts Heritage Collection
Flower - Papermania
Embroidery Thread - DMC
Ribbon & Button - From stash
Doily - Sainsbury's

No comments:

Post a Comment