Wednesday 16 March 2011

Reclining Buddha Temple

Sketchy Thursdays have posted a double page sketch this week. It's the first time I have done a 2 page sketch challenge and I found it quite tricky. I decided to scrap a collection of photos from Wat Chayamangkalaram or the Reclining Buddha Temple in Malysia. Looking at the sketch and my layout, you might find it hard to see the correlation between the two, but I assure you that the layout was inspired by the sketch, but it evolved as I worked on it.

I started from the fact that my main pictures are landscape and rotated the left page of the sketch to become the right page of my layout with an extra photo. Then I rotated the right page of the sketch to become the left page of my layout. However it didn't feel right and I moved things about including placing the small photo on the left page at the end of the row on the right page.


Supplies
Paper - DCWV Far East Stack, Making Memories 6x6 Stack, Laura Ashley Velvet Paper Pack
Ribbon - GCS
Letters & Borders - Docrafts
Buddha Card - from Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment