Thursday 18 August 2011

My Sweet Girl

The next challenge from Shimelle is her Half Page Challenge - create a layout that only uses half the page. It can be whatever half you would like, but somewhere around half the page space needs to be breathing room.

To me, a layout which only uses half the page must be a layout which has only one photo. I started looking at pre-digital photos as I obviously took less in those days and would be more likely to have a single photo to scrap. This lead me to a cute picture of my daughter taken in 2002, so this layout also qualifies for the Retro Challenge -  to scrapbook a photo from before 2011.

I took my colour cue from my daughter's pink top and found a collection of free papers from Scrapbook Mgazine. I shuffled papers for a while, before deciding to scraplift Shimelle's original layout. However I ended up reversing it as my title fitted better on the right. The fairy embellishments were a happy accident; when I pulled my cutting mat out of my storage box one of the fairies was stuck to it.


EDIT 1: I am pleased and excited to report that I won the Half Page Challenge, and a prize pack from Pebbles is on its way to me!

EDIT 2: Details and pictures of the prize are here.

Supplies
Paper - Basic Grey Euphoria, The Papertrail Co (free papers)
Alphabet - Doodlebug Design
Ribbon - Papermania (blue), Pink cut out of clothing
Flower Fairy Embellishments - From an M&S birthday card

No comments:

Post a Comment