Friday 26 August 2011

North Yorkshire Moors Railway

After the success of Shimelle's Starting Point challenge (166 entries so far) during her online scrapbooking weekend, she is going to make these a regular feature on her blog. 

I don't usually use so many layers of paper as she has on the new Starting Point so this one was good for getting me to do something a bit different. 
I started with Kraft as a neutral background and added the stripey paper and then the other colours. Once I had assembled the layout, the top photo looked rather isolated so I added an extra yellow piece behind it, then more of the yellow behind the horizontal pieces. Usually I faff about for ages trying to find the 'right' paper for my pictures but this time it was surprisingly easy, despite using so many pieces from different manufacturers. Thank you Shimelle.

Supplies
Card - Bazzill Basics Kraft
Paper - HOTP In the Kitchen Kit, MME Happiness is Bliss, The Paper Loft Avocado Dashed Lines, DCWV Natural Stack, MME Bloom & Grow, Basic Grey Stella Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment