Saturday 17 September 2011

Simply the Best

I bought myself a new toy yesterday - the Fiskars Bracket Border Punch - and I put it to good use on this layout, loosely based on Shimelle Laine's 4x6 Photo Love class from March. Shimelle is teaching a series of twelve classes, one per month, with increasing numbers of 4x6 photos - see the link on the right.





















I rotated the sketch to accommodate three landscape photos of my daughter's dance show rehearsals. This made it hard to do the row of title, journalling and embellishment that is on the sketch, so I ended up with a more spread out random look.

The pink strips are cut from a DCWV paper which has lots of rows of words about girls on it. A friend gave it to me as it was one from a pad she bought and she only has boys, so I am not sure of the exact name. I am not keen on the paper as a whole, but these strips that say 'girls just wanna have fun' are great for a dancing page. I layered them on white paper cut with that bracket punch. The journalling spot is one I downloaded from 2 Peas in a Bucket. I added a tiny strip of pink paper and a piece of stitching rub-on that was leftover from yesterday.

Supplies
Card - Bo Bunny Licorice Dot
Paper - DCWV, pink scraps from stash
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Journalling Spot - Courtship Circle Stamp from Stacy Marks for 2 Peas in a Bucket
Rub-On - Papermania
Jewels - from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment