Monday 26 September 2011

Altered Notebook

Time for something a bit different. While blog-hopping the other day, I found a link to the Scrap Whispers blog with an appeal for more players. They post a variety of challenges each Friday - firstly a tutorial, then a sketch, a scraplift and finally a colour combination. I decided to join in with the September challenges starting with the tutorial - alter a composition notebook.

I don't actually have a composition notebook, but I did have an A5 notebook with an ugly green cover - perfect for a makeover.


The book has a yellow elastic cord which holds it closed so I chose yellow as my main colour, using a piece of variegated card that I have had for ages. I punched a series of holes and cut slits between the edge and the holes to fit around the spiral. I kept the decoration very simple using an autumn leaves sticker and some letter rub-ons. The rub-ons are rather old and don't rub so I used a hole punch and some micro glue-dots to create letter stickers. As for the name of the book...I looked through it and found that it mostly contained lists - a list of subjects to scrap, a shopping list from when we went camping last summer, a list of girls invited to my daughter's birthday party etc. So...random lists.

Supplies
Card - from Stash
Sticker - Sandylion
Letters - Papermania

No comments:

Post a Comment