Sunday 25 March 2012

Counting the Days

The second challenge from Scrap Whispers is a sketch. It has a lot more embellishments than I normally use so I used it as a starting point rather than following it to the letter.

I decided to use a single landscape photo which meant using a larger panel of paper for my photo and title in the middle of the page. I kept the scalloped edges and the stitching from the sketch, and added a trail of circles punched from my patterned paper.

The title may require explaining if you can't read the journalling - the piece of cardboard on my son's lap is his advent calendar. You wouldn't be able to tell the time of year from the photo, so it was great that I had a couple of winter papers that matched his clothes and each other so well. The Pebbles paper is double sided which gave me the snowflakes and the green.

Supplies
Paper - Fancy Pants Winterland, Pebbles Snow Fun
Letters - docrafts
Thread - DMC
Pen - Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen

Tools
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
'Ordinary' Hole Punch
Bazzill Piercing Tool

1 comment:

  1. this layout is gorgeous - my favourite of yours yet. I love the scattering of embellishments and the mute tones of the paper. Lovely

    ReplyDelete