Monday 30 April 2012

6S Highlights

I can't believe that it's nearly May and I haven't finished last year's scrapbooks yet. However I have filled in another gap with the help of a scraplift challenge at Scrap Whispers. I took this layout from Georgina as my inspiration for my daughter's end-of-school-year page. I do one each year, always on alphabet paper, with a selection of school photos which don't merit a whole page.

I love the fairytale alphabet paper that I used this time, but it's a bold pattern which could have fought with the photos for attention. I didn't want to cover too much of it and thought that a circle of vellum would be perfect to tone down the intensity of the colours but still allow the beautiful lettering to show through.

Supplies
Paper - Karen Foster Storybook Letters, First Edition Spring Feast (plus scraps from stash)
Vellum - Paper Adventures Cream Ribbon
Letter Stickers - American Crafts Remarks, Jenni Bowlin Studio
Ink - Papermania

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circle Template

No comments:

Post a Comment