Saturday 30 June 2012

Fifteen

After a burst of creativity at the beginning of the week, I've been rather slow to make this page. Still with the ABC Crop at My Sketch World, I'm on N: N is for Number - Use a Number in your Title. They also set a one hour sketch challenge (at 1am UK time I didn't join in) combined with the N challenge.

June is birthday month in our house so numbers and birthday photos are easy. I decided to use the sketch anyway so I was all set. Or so I thought. Choosing the papers proved a little tricky. I started with Echo Park This & That, but the combination I picked looked a little sombre for birthday photos. Fancy Pants Wave Searcher had brighter colours, but was too themed; I was picking all 'B' sides which felt like a waste of the 'A' sides. A rummage through all my odd sheets led to me using a combination of older papers from a variety of manufacturers.

I rotated the sketch for a portrait photo and planned the larger circle to take some hidden journalling. It looked a bit random, so I made a smaller embellishment of circles on the left to match.

Supplies
Paper - Three Bugs in a Rug Luke & Lola, American Crafts Bookshelf, Pebbles Fresh Goods, The Paper Loft Flip-Flops, Making Memories Fresh Anthology, K&Co Hannah
Letters - Papermania
Buttons - Fancy Pants
Ribbon - from Stash
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Fiakars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment