Thursday 1 November 2012

First Dance

The classes part of the Cybercrop is coming to an end now as we have to upload our pages by tomorrow evening. I've gone back to Star Reader by Helen Eddie aka helsbels; this is a class that took some thought to adapt to my own use. Helen's page features a single photo with a large star and I just couldn't think of a photo or story that needed a star, and I don't like adding motifs to my page just for the sake of it.

Helen's page also makes use of a small star punch, so I looked at mine (star, heart, flower, butterfly). The heart suggested a wedding, but I have a whole collection of photos from most weddings. The exception was a single pre-digital photo of my cousin and her new husband where we only attended the evening reception, so this was the one I scrapped. There is no colour in the photos so I took my colour scheme from the invitation itself which I scanned, reduced and placed in a vellum pocket. It looked a bit lonely in the pocket so I  wrote my journalling on a card an popped that in the pocket too, rather than journalling on the background.


Supplies
Cardstock  - Chartwell Studio
Paper - K&Co Paper Doll
Border Sticker - Crate Paper Restoration
Letters - Pebbles Fresh Goods (kraft letters re-coloured with ink dabbers)
Vellum, Peel-Off Border & Photo Corners - from Stash
Thread - DMC

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Craft Creatives Heart Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment