Saturday 17 November 2012

Swing

Following on from the CyberCrop at UKScrappers, I've joined a team of scrappers and I'm entering the weekly challenges there. These challenges are always made up of three elements and for the November Week 1 challenge these were to use a PageMaps sketch, to add some bling to the page and to use a title of five letters or fewer.

The hardest part of this for me was actually the title; I had plenty of pairs of photos that I thought I could adapt the sketch to suit, but I couldn't come up with short titles. I eventually chose an old photo of my son on a swing.


The photo itself is quite sombre with the dark rubber surface below the swing, so I wanted to get some bright colours on the page. I chose the red paper first, and the black comes from the same collection, but I adjusted their positions in relation to the sketch as I didn't want my photo to overlap the black. I pricked through an offcut of the black paper and stitched through the holes to make the 'wheel' motif at the top left, echoing the circle on the sketch without being a direct copy. My bling is the row of black pearls, taking the place of the ribbon in the sketch, which I extended to the left of the photo.

Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - K&Co Daydreams, Sandylion
Letters - Papermania
Gems - Crystal Stickers
Ink - Ink It Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment