Friday 11 January 2013

Family Portrait

Following on from the monthly challenge at UKScrappers, I also tackled the January Week 1 Challenge. As always, this was in three parts and this week Siân asked us to use a single photo (preferably a large one), our scraps and a quote.

I've recently done a series of pages using 10x12 photos, so the largest one I had on hand was a bit smaller than 8x10. This was a family photo taken on a cruise a couple of years ago. I thought about a quote, and googled a few ideas, but I didn't find anything I liked so I decided to miss out that part of the challenge (meaning that I will only score 20/30 points this week for my team).

My photo takes up a lot of the page; the strips to the right of the photo and the border above and below it are all scraps.



I'm also sharing this page on Two Peas on a Bucket in response to Glitter Girl Adventure 52: Tricky Title Trouble which was about the size and placement of our titles. I wanted to place mine to the right of the photo, but there were two issues: the paper area is rather narrow, and the letters might be hard to see against the patterned background. Choosing a smaller font to fit the space would result in the words being even harder to see against the pattern. I solved both problems with the addition of the paper flower, which increased the space for the words and draws the eye to the title so it doesn't get lost against the background.

Supplies
Paper - Teresa Collins Vintage Finds Tiles, V&A 8x8 Paper Pack, Echo Park Yours Truly
Flower - Teresa Collins Vintage Finds
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment