Wednesday 30 January 2013

Lizard Point

Another page from the Green Buttons Fun Night now; this was a sketch challenge and, to be honest, I went to bed and did this one next day. It was a nice and simple sketch but I shuffled papers for ages trying to find the right mix of colours for my photos from Lizard Point in Cornwall.

I ended up picking two green papers so I wanted to accentuate the edge between the two, but just inking the edges wasn't enough. I decided to distress the paper edges with my scissors and I think that has been more effective.


My photos are a bit larger than those in the sketch (despite the fact that we were told to start with two 4x6 photos) so I turned my journalling sideways. I didn't have enough letters of the right size in any suitable colour so I stamped my title. I should really do this more often (rather than as a last resort) and get some more use from my stamps.

Supplies
Paper - EK Success Inspirables, Basic Grey Porcelain, plus Unknown Green
Buttons - Meiflower
Ink - docrafts

Tools
Pebbles ABC Stamps


No comments:

Post a Comment