Friday 15 February 2013

Duxford

Well, 37 consecutive days of posting here was something of an achievement, but then it all fell apart. I've been overcome by a bout of lethargy recently; I've only made two pages in the last week, and one of them can't actually be shared with you yet. It's half term next week so it will be a while before I get back to regular posts, but so be it.

This is the page that I can share now, it will lie opposite this one in my album, and relates to the same visit to the Imperial War Museum site at Duxford, so I used mostly the same papers. I took some of my inspiration from a recent sketch at shimelle.com, especially the idea of turning my title sideways, which I don't do very often. I wanted that title to be in chunky letters like Thickers, but I didn't have enough of the right letters so I cut them with my Big Shot and layered up three of each to get the chunkiness that I wanted. The middle layer is yellow, and I offset them very slightly to show a sliver of that colour. I really like the effect, and I want to try this again with different colours.


Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill Bling Black Tie, Bazzill Yukon Gold
Paper - Teresa Collins Vintage Finds, Basic Grey Aged & Confused, Basic Grey Periphery
Die Cuts - atd
Gems - Making Memories Paper Reverie
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Big Shot
Provocraft Alphabet Dies
X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment