Friday 1 February 2013

Turning Two

It's been a while since I did a challenge for Scrap Whispers. Their blog went quiet in the second half of last year but it's back for 2013. I wasn't keen on the first couple of challenges but on Sunday they set a Recipe Challenge that I just couldn't wait to start - three photos, one sheet of patterned paper as a background, at least two circle embellishments and NO cardstock.

I've had a page half-planned in my head for these three photos, and this was the perfect chance to get it down on paper. I've done similar pages before, often with border stickers or punched cardstock above and below the photos. With a cardstock ban in place, I used patterned paper above the photos as a background for my title and went punched circle crazy below them. 



Supplies
Paper - docrafts Spring Chic, Craft Creations, plus Scraps
Letters - Doodlebug Teensy Type

Tools
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Sewing Machine


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the scalloped circles! What a great idea! Thanks for playing with scrapwhispers - so pleased you found a challenge to play along with! Your layout looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what adorable photos! The three different colours for the circles is just spot on for your three little angels, and the background paper is the perfect amount of busy-ness - gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us, and I hope to see more of your entries,
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, great layout and photos! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! I love the different colored circles you used at the bottom and the soft pastel background paper. Fabulous page!!

    ReplyDelete