Sunday 28 April 2013

No! I will not hold his hand!

It's been a long time since I did a challenge from the Scrap Our Stash blog, but they've had a makeover and posted some interesting challenges this month. The first one was a stash-busting challenge - to use at least one polka dot paper, one striped paper and one bird, butterfly, or bee.

This challenge sent me straight to my scraps box as I knew I had both a multi-coloured stripey paper and a brown polka dot paper there. While rummaging, I also re-discovered a butterfly print paper in the same colours. I was trying not to dither or waste time, so I picked the first photo that I came to that worked with these colours - my children on the village green in Thorpeness, Suffolk. I'd asked my son to hold his sister's hand while I took the picture because of the pond behind them but she wasn't having it, hence the title.



I fussy cut one of the butterflies from another scrap of the same paper as an embellishment. Its paper antennae were too fine to cut around, so I replaced them with a length of wire, and used pop-dots under the wings.

Supplies
Paper - Lily Bee Double Dutch, Basic Grey Eva & Porcelain, Glitz Design Laced with Grace, Crate Paper Little Sprout
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Fancy Pants Fundamentals
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
Ink - docrafts

Tools
X-Cut Scallop Border Punch 

2 comments:

  1. Love the way this turned out. Great combo of patterns,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha, true family moments! my fav things to scrap!! well done on the page, too, love the subtle color choices.

    xoxo
    Lindsey @ sos

    ReplyDelete