Sunday 12 May 2013

Car Wash

I'm finishing off my scrapping for National Scrapbook Day with a double page which rolls as many of Shimelle's remaining challenges as possible into one layout.

Challenge 2 was a simple one - to use 4x6 photos. I could have entered several pages that I have made this week with one 4x6 photo into this one, but I wanted it to be a multi-photo page. I started this page with six 4x6 photos, but I cropped one so there are five now.

Challenge 13 was to highlight our favourite supplies. I did make a page for this earlier in the week, when I said that Crate Paper is my current favourite and I used DIY Shop for that page. This one uses products from a slightly older collection - Random.

Challenge 14 was fairly straightforward - to make a double page. I do find these harder than single pages, but if I have enough photos to warrant a double page then that is what I do. Here I had a series of photos of my son helping to wash my car.













Challenge 23 was to stretch your supplies. This could be interpreted as either using a neglected tool or stamp set, or the clever use of paper to disguise a partial sheet. I stretched both the floral and the yellow papers, as I only used one piece of each across a double page. I deliberately cut the floral at six inches high because a taller box would have required two sheets, and I cut the yellow into four pieces, placing them above and below the floral to look like one larger piece. I stretched the blue border sticker too, as it is only 12" long but it appears to span about 22" because I cut it up and left gaps behind the photos. Finally I put my Big Shot to use cutting letters for my title.

Supplies
Paper & Border Sticker - Crate Paper Random
Ink - Ink It Up!
Gems - Papermania Dew Drops

1 comment:

  1. Perfect paper and colors! I love how the black makes everything come alive!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete