Sunday 5 May 2013

Hop It

I'm skipping the second NSD challenge from Scrap Whispers for now because I wasn't immediately inspired by it; on the other hand I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap when I saw the third challenge. You may remember that the challenges are all based on fairy tales and this one is The Frog Prince. We were free to take whatever inspiration we like from the story and I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to finally get my metal frog with brad eyes onto a page. I've had this frog for ages, he even lives on my desk so that I will remember to use him.

It seems a little odd to start a page from one single embellishment, but it wasn't as hard as it might seem. I've always thought that I would pair the frog with photos of my son in the garden as a toddler, but looking through my album I found one of him on a frog-shaped rocker in the park. Perfect. Everything else on the page came from my scraps box; I cut the odd-shaped pieces into rectangles and layered them up.

I used offcuts of the specific outdoors-ey paper to fussy cut extra decals and layered them over the same images on the page using pop-dots. This fits in with Challenge 9 from Shimelle's blog where she asked us to do some fancy cutting on the page (be this from an electronic or manual die cutter, or just a plain old-fashioned pair of scissors like I used).


Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - SEI Be Bop, Basic Grey Aged & Confused, Basic Grey Perhaps, KI Memories Love Elsie
Letters - American Crafts Fabric Thickers
Frog - HOTP
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
Ink - Dovecraft

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS! The embellishment is perfect and it all comes together so well

    ReplyDelete