Sunday 2 June 2013

Surf Seeker

Today's page is a little bit different from my normal style, and could have gone horribly wrong, but it didn't and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

I'm still scrapping our Cornish holiday last year and I have five photos of my daughter paddling in the sea. My original thought was to put them all in a block, but the varying amounts of zoom made them look peculiar together. I wondered about spreading them around the page and remembered a page by Mercy Tiara where she did just that. She posted it back in February but I have only recently watched her process video.

I started by spattering my page with white mist, then marked out and machine-stitched a grid on my page. I arranged the photos, adding washi tape, a piece of border and a button to each picture (though I moved the buttons around later on). Title in the middle and sub-title at the bottom. Then I dug through some ancient embellishments and scattered an assortment of gems around the page. I found some sequin stars but the colour wasn't suitable, so I punched a pile of vellum stars and spread them around the page too.



The title may not appear to fit with the photos, but we had gone to this beach for my daughter to body-board, only to find that the tide was in and there was no beach left. She had a paddle here before we moved on to another beach where she was able to body-board. I don't have any photos of that (she was too far out, just one black speck in a sea of black specks) so it's mentioned in the journalling.

Supplies
Cardstock - Core'dinations Tranquil Blue
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Craft Creations, Starform
Border - Bazzill Half the Edge
Buttons, Gems & Vellum - from Stash
Ink - docrafts

Tools
Sewing Machine
Woodware Tiny Star Punch
Amy Tangerine Date Stamp

1 comment:

  1. I love the varying perspectives and I think it looks great---love the stars too!

    ReplyDelete