Monday 21 October 2013

In My Car

Another page with an old single photo today. This time it's for Brenda's sketch challenge at GrandDiva's Creative Corner. I chose a landscape photo, and considered cropping it, but ultimately I left it alone, and adapted the sketch to suit it.

I'm using scraps again here. I had a paper with boy phrases and toy vehicles on it, so I pulled the bag with that paper and the co-ordinating ones. I'm really glad that I took the time to sort my scraps into groups earlier in the week; it makes paper selection really quick and easy now.



I did start adding some embellishment to this page, but I felt that it distracted from the clean lines of the paper panels, so I cut back to two rows of brads and punched stars layered over the stars that were already on the paper.

Supplies
Paper - The Robin's Nest, The Paper Loft, Basic Grey, Lasting Impressions, Karen Foster
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Hobbycraft
Brads - Papermania
Ink - docrafts

Tools
Woodware Star Punch

1 comment:

  1. Great layout and take on the sketch! You added just enough elements to make your photo pop! WTG! Thank you for participating in this month's sketch challenge at GCC!

    ReplyDelete