Friday 15 November 2013

Impromptu Photoshoot

While my scrapping mojo was missing in action, I had a sort through some of my older photos. I have lists of pictures to scrap from 2004 to 2013, but none of them was inspiring me, so I went back to 2003, put the pages that I have already done in a new album and made another list.

I decided to start at the beginning of the year with photos of my son, my daughter, my niece and my nephew. We had all four children together for once and decided to take a series of photos of them. Five 4x6 photos means a double page (although I did crop most of them).








I'm linking this page with the November Week 2 Challenge at UKScrappers which was fairly flexible and open to interpretation. Sarah gave us a 'Marmite' Challenge - to use photos, colours and techniques that we either love or hate. I love this set of photos - they were taken 10 years ago when the children were happy to pose for the camera; now they are aged 11 to 17 there's no chance of a decent photo - but I hate them too as the strong colours of the sofa and the wall are hard to work with. I love yellow and blue which I have used for this page, but I hate the background paper - I'm not really sure what colour it is but it worked with the other papers and I had two pieces (which I need for a double page). Finally I hate double pages (or rather, I prefer single pages) and I love punching the edges of my papers. The postage stamp border punch is my favourite, I use it a lot and I can't believe how long it took me to decide to buy it.

Supplies
Paper - Kit 'n' Kraft Cafe, Crate Paper Random, The Robin's Nest Jean
Letters - Pebbles, Lily Bee
Border Sticker - Crate Paper Random
Gems - Dovecraft
Ink - docrafts

Tools
Kreaxions Circle Cutter
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment