Friday 8 November 2013

Sleep When Baby Sleeps

Two challenges in one today. I used the November sketch from Brenda at Grand Diva's Creative Corner and the theme of Family from Rochelle Spears.

My photo is of myself and my daughter when she was just a couple of weeks old and my title comes from the advice given to all new parents. The second part is a bit hard to read as the letter colour is close to the background colour, but I don't mind that.

The sketch was just a starting point for me this time. Those chevrons caused me to start from the paper as I had a piece of zig-zag paper left after making two previous pages (Zoe & Jon and Nyhavn) with it. I cut the zig-zag into chevrons and used scraps from the same collection for my page. Having chosen the paper I looked for a suitable pair of photos, but came up with just one; since I was working with scraps I used the pieces I had and the feel of the sketch, rather than sticking to it faithfully.


Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - Pink Paislee Prairie Hill
Letters - Making Memories, Lily Bee
Wood Veneer Stars - Studio Calico
Ink - docrafts
Thread - DMC

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layout Amanda and nice take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along this month!

    ReplyDelete