Thursday 16 January 2014

Just Like Grandad

This was my page for the team scraplifting game at Scrap Whispers at the end of last year. Three teams of scrappers start from the same page and each scraplift the person before them in turn, which can lead to three very different pages by the end of the chain. All three chains of pages have been revealed now on the Scrap Whispers blog: Team Rosey; Team Nilsa; Team Georgina.


My Page
Kelly's Page
I was scraplifting Kelly's page (right). I'd have liked to continue the Christmas theme, but I didn't have a single Christmas photo to scrap, so I picked an old single photo to work with and copied the other elements on her page as best I could. I stamped the background paper with stars, and layered my photo with two papers, though at a smaller angle than Kelly's. My larger title meant that I dropped the embellishment at the bottom left of the photo, but Kelly's presents became another star at the bottom right, where I stitched the outline and filled it with punched stars. I kept the little cluster at the top of the page too (though the player before Kelly has confessed that it was only there because she tore her page and needed to cover the tear).

The photo is of my son and my nephew who were refusing to wear their t-shirts because my dad (their grandad) had taken off his shirt while he was gardening.

Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV Linen Closet Stack
Paper - DCWV Garden Party Mat Stack
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Pebbles Mini ABC Stickers
Washi Tape - We R Memory Keepers
Ink - Dovecraft
Thread - DMC

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Woodware Tiny Star Punch
Hobbycraft Star Punch


1 comment: