Thursday 20 March 2014

Ben - Aged 6

Time is running out on the current batch of challenges at Scrap Whispers. Their challenge #167 is to scrap a large square photo. Mine isn't as large as the photos in the samples, but at just less than 6"x6" it's larger than I normally scrap.

The 15th March sketch with a twist at Paper Secrets featured a single square photo so I've used that sketch as the basis for my page. This time the twist is to use items that start with each of the letters of the word LUCKY. That letter U gave me some trouble but I got there in the end. My items are: Letter stickers from Lily Bee; Union flag (on Ben's t-shirt); paper from Crate Paper; Kraft cardstock and tags; Yellow patterned paper.



I swapped various papers in and out of this page as I worked, and I changed my mind about the background several times. Eventually I put the paper layers together first and then tried them against a variety of backgrounds. The kraft worked fairly well but was just a bit plain and flat until I spritzed it with plenty of white mist and a small amount of teal mist. The mist means that I am also linking up with Scrap Our Stash's Birthday Challenge #6 which is to add mist to a page.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania Kraft Basics
Paper - MME Wild Asparagus, K&Co Daydreams, Papermania, Crate Paper Random, Crate Paper The Pier
Letters - Lily Bee
Tags - Maya Road
Border Sticker - Bo Bunny
Washi Tape - American Crafts
Mist - Mister Huey's, Cosmic Shimmer
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Big Shot & Alphabet Dies

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on the sketch and great job with the misting and mixing the patterned papers! Thank you for completing another Stash A Thon Challenge at Scrap Our Stash as well as the Sketch Challenge at Paper Secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mist and the design! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge! Lovely!! Thanks for playing SW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page. Love the misting work on the background. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the misting on the background! Great page! Thank you for playing along in our Stash A Thon at Scrap our Stash

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo! Your misting is great, and I do like all the different patterned papers all blending together so well.
    Thanks for playing at SW!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crate and kraft always work together! the mists and the stamping were great finishing touches! xo Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete