Thursday 3 April 2014

Hitch a Ride

This is my penultimate page for the Birthday Stash-a-Thon at Scrap Our Stash. I didn't originally think that I would manage to do all their challenges, but now it seems that I might. It's for Challenge #11 - to use triangles on a page.

I had a vague recollection of a sketch from Shimelle Laine's Sketch to Scrapbook page series last year that featured triangles, and went hunting for it; it was her Sketch 10 from last March and had three lines of triangles pointing in at the photo. I started off following the layout, but all those triangles were taking over my page, so I cut back to one row and a single triangle on the opposite side of the photo.




I'd have liked a subtle patterned background, but I couldn't find a suitable paper, so I spritzed kraft cardstock with white mist (again). I have a scrapbook paper order on its way to me, and I made sure that I chose lots of 'background' papers this time as I never seem to have enough.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Papermania
Paper - Basic Grey Sultry, Basic Grey Mint Julep, MME Wild Asparagus, Crate Paper Random, Sandylion
Letters - American Crafts Remarks
Gems - Doodlebug
Sequins - from Stash
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Woodware Daisy Punches

No comments:

Post a Comment