Monday 9 June 2014

103m

103m - That's the height of Beacon Hill, the highest point in Norfolk, where we spent May half-term this year. It's not an impressive hill, but we did walk up it from close to sea level, when we could have just driven up.



There's an awful lot of green in my photos, so I wasn't going to match my papers to the photos this time. I actually chose my background paper first, and the yellow and teal flower outlines on that set my colour palette for the page.

I used the 1st June sketch from Stuck Sketches for my page, and stayed pretty close to it. My main issue was the amount of journalling that I wanted. I normally write on the background paper but that wasn't going to be possible here. I ended up writing on the light bits of the stripey patterned paper.

Supplies
Paper - Bo Bunny Olivia, Authentique Natural Collection
Letters/Numbers - American Crafts Thickers
Butterflies - Prima
Brads - Papermania
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Kreaxions Circle Cutter
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circle Templates
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous, I love the papers you chose to work with and the photos are stunning, so glad you joined us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the journaling! Love how the dark background makes your details and photos pop off the page! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page! love the journaling! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch, the colours, design and the journaling! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you showcased your journalling on your layout! It makes the design that more special! Awesome job! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete