Friday 12 September 2014

4 Generations

It's not the first time that I've used this title on a page, but it seems appropriate to the photo. Last time it was one of my nan, my mum, me and my daughter. This time we're on the other side of the family, with my grandad, my dad, my sister and my nephew.




I made the page for this week's challenge at UKScrappers; it was set by Alison, and she asked us to use a theme of Grandparents, stickers or ribbon, and punched or die-cut shapes.

Once I had chosen my single photo, there were no criteria for the layout of the page so I chose to work with Miniowner's September sketch. I machine-stitched her circles, which gave me a headache when my bobbin thread ran out mid-circle, but I did manage to rescue them. I double-matted the photo on torn paper, and used a second piece to ground my title on the opposite circle.


I realised towards the end of making this page, that it also fits in with Rochelle's September Challenge - a Tic Tac Toe grid where I have used the middle column - stitching, numbers and jewels.


Supplies
Paper - Crate Paper Boys Rule, Crate Paper Styleboard, MME Wild Asparagus, Basic Grey Sultry
Letters - Jillibean Soup
Number - Crate Paper Mia
Stickers - Studio Calico, Tim Holtz
Gems - from Stash
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Sewing Machine
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

2 comments:

  1. Three challenges in one - result! I love your page and the very special photo. thank you for joining in my sketch challenge. :)
    Sue @ Me&Mine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the challenges! Love the stitching! Thanks for playing along with Scrappy Friends!

    ReplyDelete