Saturday 4 October 2014

Floral Cards - Part One

It's World Card-Making Day today and I'm joining in the celebratory blog hop that the girls from My Scraps & More Sketches have organised. I'm not a big card maker, but the DT have produced some lovely sketches so I felt that I had to play along. I often use freebie papers from magazines for my cards, and I dug out a pretty set of papers from Hot Off the Press that came with little tags and sentiments - perfect for cards.

Starting at the beginning of the hop, this is the card I made from Audrey's sketch. Hers was circular, but I took the easier option of sticking my circle to a square card:



Next up was Nadine. I played with her sketch too, layering vellum behind the sentiment panel and dropping the ribbon across the middle.



Third stop was Wendi. I'd intended to stick to her sketch more closely, but when I pulled out the spotty paper I discovered the floral in the corner and decided to show it off.




On to Lisa's sketch, where I decided to use my border punch rather than cutting banners. I also fussy cut and layered some flowers over a small tag.



Fifth on the hop (and last one today) is Jessica's sketch. This was one of my favourites and I stuck fairly closely to it, the main difference being that I had a circular sentiment that I used. I also fussy cut another flower.



I have a few more cards to share from the rest of the hop, but I'll save them for tomorrow. Hope to see you then.

Supplies
Card Blanks
Paper - HOTP Soft Nostalgia
Ink - Docrafts
Buttons - Meiflower
Gems - Forever in Time

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards! I love what you did with all of the sketches. Thanks for linking up at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful cards! Thank you so much for hopping along with us at MSAM sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and I love that you used a punched border instead of banners for my sketch. Thanks for hopping along with us at My Scraps & More and for sharing on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are all beautiful! Thanks for hopping with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! These are all just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete