Tuesday 21 October 2014

Hot Off the Press

More Harry Potter today. At least that means that I'm getting on with the album, and haven't flitted off to another project yet.

The printing press from the Lovegoods' cottage was on display in the studio tour gift shop, and although it was used for The Quibbler, I'm scrapping it with a couple of issues of the Daily Prophet. My three photos with the title made a roughly triangular shape which reminded me of the 1st October sketch at Stuck?! Sketches.

I made the triangle on the sketch a bit bigger to accommodate my three photos, and scaled up the other elements too. I'd have liked my title to be black, but all my black letters were too big, so I used orange ones and outlined them in black pen to separate them from the background paper.



Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - October Afternoon Witch Hazel, OA 9 to 5
Letters - OA Daily Flash
Washi Tape - OA Woodland Park
Brads - Papermania
Ink - Docrafts
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circle Templates
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Hobbycraft Star Punch
7Gypsies Stamp



2 comments:

  1. Great job with the sketch, love the way you accommodated it for more photos and the outlining to make your title pop. So nice to see you back at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plaid paper and the orange title looks really good. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete