Sunday 28 December 2014

Welcome to Hogwarts

The latest team scraplifting game at Scrap Whispers came to an end recently, and all three teams' pages have now been revealed. I was 4th to play on Georgina's team and when I received the page to scraplift, it was rather similar to one that I had in my head for my Harry Potter Studio Tour album.

This page is one of my sub-section header pages and will be followed by all the sets that were on display from Hogwarts. You've seen most of those pages already - the Great Hall, the Gryffindor Common Room, Dumbledore's Office, the Boys' Dormitory and the Potions Classroom. The photo is from the beginning of the tour; we watched an introductory film, and then the screen lifted and we entered the Great Hall through these doors.



Angie's page that I was scraplifting has a single photo with several layers of patterned paper behind it, and I was more than happy to do the same thing, though I made the angles smaller in my version. Her word stickers became my file tab, and her rosettes turned into stamped circles, which I balanced with more circles on the opposite corner. I moved my title down and finished with a smattering of stars. 

You can see the three chains of scraplifted pages on the Scrap Whispers blog: Georgina's team; Rosey's team; Nilsa's team.

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - October Afternoon Witch Hazel, OA 9 to 5
Vellum - My Mind's Eye Necesseties
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, OA Witch Hazel
Die Cut - OA Witch Hazel
Wood Veneer Stars - Studio Calico
Photo Turn - 7Gypsies
Gem - Dovecraft
Twine - Unknown
Staples - Making Memories
Mist - Docrafts
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Lid (used as a Stamp)

No comments:

Post a Comment