Friday 23 January 2015

Stick It Down - Hide & Seek

I have been working on my Harry Potter album for some months, an album with limited choices. I had one set of photos, printed in certain sizes, and one kit of papers and embellishments.

Once I had finished it, I was overwhelmed with choices for my next page - any paper, any photos, any embellishments - and to a certain extent I was paralysed by that choice; I didn't scrapbook for several days. (You won't have noticed as my blog posts are usually scheduled days (sometimes weeks) in advance.)

I made a few cards, and eventually my thoughts cleared and I decided on another page based on this month's single page sketch from Stick It Down

When I originally saw it I had thought of using Project Life cards and 3x4 photos, but I was deep in my Harry Potter album at the time and didn't want to be distracted. I actually made a page with 4 photos of the Hogwarts staff (Teachers) for my DT page this month.

However the Project Life card/two photo idea stayed with me, and I've finally done it. My only set of PL cards are the summer themed pack based on Crate Paper's The Pier collection, and I also have the 6x6 pad and a few 12x12 papers that match. I chose summer photos - the family in a maize maze last August - and laid out my cards and photos on one of the 12x12 papers. The page was looking a bit plain so I spattered some paint, and didn't leave it long enough to dry! Aagh! I managed to make a big paint smudge below the bottom photo and I thought that I'd ruined the page. Later on, I realised that I could add another card to the page, cut in two and placed at the top left and bottom right. In fact, none of the cards would actually work like that but I mocked one up from the 6x6 pad. Phew! Layout saved.



Now I think that this more than saved the page. It was looking a little dull before, and the additional card running off the page adds some interest and breaks up the symmetry of my block of cards/photos. All in all, it was a happy accident with the paint.

Supplies
Paper - Crate Paper The Pier
Cards - Project Life SummerTheme
Letters - Jillibean Soup
Flowers - Prima
Brad - American Crafts Dear Lizzy
Ink - Ranger 
Paint - Stencil Collection
Washi Tape - Trimcraft

Tools
EK Success Corner Punch

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely page Amanda. The added card looks great and I have pinned your page to inspire me again later!

    ReplyDelete