Tuesday 31 March 2015

Happy Birthday Dad

It's my Dad's birthday today, so of course I made a card for him. I used Card Sketch #46 from Sketch-n-Scrap and I'm managing to link up just before today's deadline.

It's a simple sketch, but I made a few versions of the card before I had one that I was happy with. I matted the main design on contrasting cardstock and all my stripes are the same length. I also moved the sentiment onto one of my paper strips.

All the strips came from the same scrap of stripey paper, so they have the same texture although they are all different colours. The star is an old button, and I added sprinklings of mist and clear sequins.



Supplies
Card - Crafty Templates
Cardstock - Papermania, Payper Box
Paper - Robin's Nest Boys Stripe
Button/Sequins/Peel-Off - from Stash
Ink/Mist - Docrafts

5 comments:

  1. Your design looks great matted Amanda and love those simple strips in the same pattern. Thanks so much for using Sketch N Scraps sketch for your fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY! Great job with the sketch, love the placement of your strips! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love that you aligned the strips!
    Thank you for joining us at sketch n scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great version of the sketch! Wonderful masculine card! Thanks for sharing with Sketch~N~Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect masculine card. The card is so handsome! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete