Saturday 25 April 2015

Explorers

When I'm nearing the end of a collection pack, and I want to kill it off, I just cut the remaining pieces to rectangles, layer them up and plonk a photo or two on the top. If I don't have a suitable photo to hand, I make a 'starting point' page to finish off later on. I did just that last summer, with the remains of Basic Grey's Plumeria collection, and last weekend I acquired the right photo to finish off the page at last.

My daughter is an Explorer Scout (the division for 14-18 year olds, following on from Beavers, Cubs and Scouts) and all the scouts in the district gather together on the Sunday nearest St George's Day to renew their Promise, have a parade and present awards from the past year. This photo was posted to the group's Facebook page later in the day.




I still had some transparencies left from this collection, so I layered two of those up on top of the single one I'd already placed on the left. I also strung some twine through the tag and spattered mist across the diagonal. Finally I added my title and journalling. The letter stickers are also Basic Grey, but a different collection.


Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Basic Grey Plumeria
Letters - Basic Grey Picadilly
Die Cut & Transparencies - Basic Grey Plumeria
Ink - Docrafts
Mist - Docrafts, Mister Huey

Tools
Sewing Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment