Thursday 3 September 2015

Journey to Ireland & Canada

I published this month's Scraplift Challenge a couple of days ago, and I chose my Olympic Park layout because I wanted to do something similar as the title page for our holiday album this year. We cruised from Liverpool to Canada and Ireland this summer, and I wrote a post about my album preparations yesterday. 

My original page featured an A4 photo, but this one actually has no photo at all. I received a sheet of map paper in my March/April Quirky Kit which I thought would be perfect as part of the title page for this album and which I'm using instead of the photo. I've used tiny brads to mark our port of departure and our seven ports of call and added a ship to the Atlantic Ocean.



I'm basing this album around Heidi Swapp's No Limits collection from which I have the 12x12 paper pad and the wood veneer pieces. I decided that this would be my best chance to use the 'Journey' word so incorporated it in my title. I placed the rest of the wording on a tag to help it stand out from the map paper. It's made for a larger title cluster than on the original page, but there's nothing important on the map paper behind it, and this is a title page after all.

If you'd like to give my Scraplift Challenge a go, I'd love you to join in. Please post your version of my page somewhere online, link back to my blog and link up via the gadget in my sidebar.

Full rules are here, but briefly the challenge is for paper pages only and closes at 10pm (BST) on 30th September.

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, My Mind's Eye Hello World
Letters - American Crafts, Basic Grey, October Afternoon, Lily Bee Design, Jenni Bowlin
Wood Veneer - Heidi Swapp
Ship/Suitcase - from Stash
Brads - Papermania
Washi Tape
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Bracket Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Stamp Connection Tag (used as a Template)
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
Office Hole Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment