Sunday 27 September 2015

Safety First

We've been home from our cruise to Canada for a few weeks now, and I'm ready to tackle the album. As I posted previously, I have a kit of papers ready for this album, based around Heidi Swapp's No Limits collection. 

I have already made my title page but I won't be working chronologically; I'll make random pages at first, and then later on I'll fill in the gaps.

This page does come from our first day, and first few hours, on board. There is always a safety drill before a ship can sail, where all the passengers gather at the emergency muster points and then go on deck up to the lifeboats. I actually remembered my camera this time, so I have the first photo of us in our lifejackets. Hopefully we will never need them for real.




I used a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy for my page. It was part of their August Week 5 challenge, which I knew I wouldn't have time to do, but I liked the sketch so I bookmarked it for later. 

I have a couple of stamp sets that I intend to use throughout the album. I've used a compass stamp twice on this page.

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Colorbok Travel
Letters - American Crafts
Ink - Docrafts
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Scrapberry's 'Around the World' Compass Stamp

1 comment:

  1. You are so organised Amanda! A great idea to have your kit ready and assembled before you start and the pages will surely flow together in the album with similar papers and stamps. Wonderful start to your cruise album and I look forward to seeing the rest. xx

    ReplyDelete