Saturday 5 September 2015

Stick It Down - Alex

It's single page reveal day over Stick It Down, with a single photo sketch. When I first saw it, I thought of washi tape, then paper scraps, but ultimately I used 6x6 papers for my page.

The photo is a recent one of my nephew, all dressed up on the night of his Year 6 Prom. I picked the background paper first and then chose a 6x6 pad with greys to match it. I used the plainer papers so that the photo would stand out from them.




I outlined all the papers and the page itself with a black pen and tried to sprinkle mist along the diagonal. I say tried because mist has a mind of its own sometimes and mine is more widespread than I intended. 

Supplies
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Quoted, My Mind's Eye Quilting Bee
Letters - American Crafts Thickers
Gems - ZVA Creative
Mist - Docrafts, Cosmic Shimmer

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Tickets Die
Woodware Tiny Star Punch

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I should be allowed paints and mists - many a layout has been 'over done' with splats and flicks! Your layout is fab and the although the splats of ink are wayward they still look great! Smart looking Alex too. xx

    ReplyDelete