Tuesday 29 September 2015

The Adventure Starts Here

"Here" being Liverpool, the embarkation port for our cruise this summer. The cruise terminal is at the Pier Head, close to the Three Graces (the Royal Liver Building, the Cunard Building and the Port of Liverpool building).

I'm working with Heidi Swapp's No Limits collection (plus other co-ordinating papers) for this album and I have her wood veneer pieces, including the word 'Adventure' which I used in my title. The natural colour didn't show up very well against my paper so I coloured it with a black ink pad. The tag reads 'The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page' which was perfect for the start of our cruise.



I used the latest sketch from Scrap Much? for my page, but the page layout wasn't quite working with my title below the photo as pictured, and I wasted a lot of time fiddling around with it. Once I decided to move the title up above the photo it came together at last. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset, Bazzill
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Colorbok Travel
Vellum - Crate Paper
Tag & Tab - Colorset Travel
Globe - Echo Park
Wood Veneer - Heidi Swapp, Studio Calico
Ink - Docrafts, Ink It Up!
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Scrapberry's 'Around the World' Stamps
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

2 comments:

  1. Such a great take on the sketch, love the colours and layers? Thanks for playing along at Scrsp!uch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the travel elements in your layout especially the globe! The blue stars are sweet and are a perfect accompaniment to the star paper. Lovely second page. xx

    ReplyDelete