Wednesday 21 October 2015

Noon Day Gun

I'm sharing another page from a ScrapMuch? sketch today, and this time it's the current sketch. It caught my attention when it was published last Friday, and I looked through my cruise pictures to find a set of four that I could print at an appropriate size.

I picked pictures from St John's (Newfoundland) where we climbed up Signal Hill, above the harbour, in time to see and hear them fire the Noon Day Gun.

There's no journalling yet because this will be one in a series of pages about Signal Hill and I'm not sure how the story will run across all the pages yet.




Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio, Graphic 45 Artisan Style, Heidi Swapp No Limits, Hot Off the Press
Letters - American Crafts
Vellum - Hot Off the Press
Labels - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Wood Veneer - Heidi Swapp
Stars - Paperchase
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug
Pearls - Mark Richards
Ink & Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot & Stars Die

7 comments:

  1. Another smashing page Amanda and the vellum stars are a great touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your layout. I have been to Newfoundland twice. Once as a teenager with my family and again a few years ago...for a hockey tournament for my daughter. Signal Hill is one of my favourite places. The history is so rich for Canada. My Dad was stationed their during the 2nd World War. And the view is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your creation and playing along with ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely page! You must have had a lovely holiday cruising Newfoundland- that's somewhere I'd like to go! We're looking at going to Canada next year, but the other side, the Rockies. Popping in as part of my blog comment challenge 300 in 30 days. Found your blog on Rinda's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great page, I love the patterns and colors they were perfectly with your photo. Great embellishing too! Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful page!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page and detail!
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete

  7. Fabulous page and great choice of patterned papers. Great take on the sketch..

    ReplyDelete