Monday 16 November 2015

Sydney

That's Sydney in Nova Scotia, not it's more famous namesake. It was the fourth stop on our cruise this summer and this is the 'title' page for that day. I'm making a introductory page for each port in my album, and this is the second (Killybegs was the first). I'd imagined using two 4x6 landscape photos for each of these pages, but looking through my photos from Sydney I soon changed my mind, and picked three pictures instead.



The top photo is the view of the town as we arrived, the bottom left has the town's name in signal flags and the bottom right photo is the largest fiddle in the world, a symbol of the island's Celtic culture.


I used the 6 November sketch from Scrap Much? for my page, but I rotated it and flipped it to suit my photos.

I'm trying to use my stamps in this album, as they make motifs that are easy to repeat. In particular, each of these 'arrival' pages will have an 'Entry Date' stamp with the day and date.


Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, My Mind's Eye Record It, My Mind's Eye Hello World, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Letters - American Crafts, Jenni Bowlin Studios
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz Idea-Ology
Wood Veneers - Studio Calico
Washi Tape - Tesco
Pearls - Craft for Occasions
Ink & Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Stampendous 'Travel Words' Stamp

11 comments:

  1. Another brilliant page Amanda, love the cluster and the chevron strip. Looks great the way you have interpreted the sketch too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page!! Great take on the sketch!! thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch? Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous travel layout. I love how you are using similar techniques on your layouts! Thanks for playing along with ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page, Amanda! I like the way the stars form a frame. What a great idea to create an introductory page for each port! I'm going to do that in my summer travel album. Thanks for the inspiration, and for joining us at ScrapMuch?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch loving the colours, super idea to make into pages for each port and i love that you are incorporating stamping! Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I love the clean and concise lines. Beautiful colours too! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful job with that sketch! That fiddle is awesome! BL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great travel page and a must-see for us!!
    LOve your take on the sketch
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic page and great embellishing. Flipping the sketch totally worked! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete

  10. Fabulous page!! Love the colour scheme on your page and great take on the sketch.. thank you for playing along with us at Scrapmuch?.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job flipping the sketch! I really love this page and the way you interpreted the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapmuch

    ReplyDelete