Tuesday 5 January 2016

A Gallery Without Walls

I'm filling in another gap in my 2015 album today. Back in June we attended a family wedding in Folkestone, and the following morning we had a walk along the seafront. I'd picked up a leaflet about the various artworks that are on display in the town, and my page title comes from the subtitle on that leaflet.

I chose six 3x4 photos for my page, which I knew would cover half the area, but once they were printed it seemed like a lot more. I shuffled and reshuffled them until I had an arrangement that I was happy with. There wasn't much space left for layering and I didn't want to clutter the layout, so I laid the photos directly on the background. The stripy paper is from the same collection and I picked my embellishments to match the stripes, much simpler now that I have sorted most of my embellishments by colour. Indeed, I would probably not have used the chipboard circles otherwise.



Supplies
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Indian Summer
Letters - American Crafts, Basic Grey
Arrow Die Cut - atd
Chipboard - American Crafts
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug
Gems - ZVA Creative
Ink - Ranger

Tools

Big Shot & Poppystamps Small Leafy Sprig Die
Craft Creatives Flower Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment