Saturday 5 March 2016

Icebergs

Shimelle's latest weekly challenge is to be inspired by maps and globes, whether that is a travel page or something more metaphorical. I'm still scrapping our Canadian cruise last summer, so I'm taking the literal approach with this page. When I collected together the supplies for my album I included a strip of globe paper, but I've only used it on one or two pages so far.

As we were leaving Red Bay, the captain announced that we would follow the coast and "try" to find some icebergs, despite the fact that they are tracked by satellite, so he knew exactly where to go. 

I had a variety of photos in different proportions and orientations; I wanted a more free-flowing design rather than a grid so I scraplifted my Fuschalseerundreg page from Austria. I matted all my photos to get some colour on the page and embellished with globes and enamel dots.



Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset, Bazzill
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Graphic 45 Artisan Style, Echo Park This & That
Letters - American Crafts
Washi Tape - Tesco
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug, Papermania, Echo Park
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Woodware 1" Square Punch
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment