Thursday 12 May 2016

Never Still

I've recently started watching Inkie Quill's videos on YouTube; I particularly like her Grab 5 videos where she grabs five products and includes all of them on a page (adding other products as necessary). It seems that the girls at For the Love of Pretty Paper have been inspired by her too, as they set a Grab 5 challenge as part of the celebrations of National Scrapbooking Day. The 2016 Bash Your Stash group also set a challenge to create a page inspired by a YouTuber so those two fit together perfectly.


The five items that I chose were ink pads, a mask, a 6x6 pad that's almost down to scraps, a flair badge and some chipboard stars. I'll admit that they weren't chosen at random, and I did have a plan for the page that would also knock off four more challenges. 

I made my own background for the last page, and after I'd finished it Shimelle set the same challenge. I could have linked my last page, and no-one would ever have known, but I decided to incorporate that again here, and Mercy Tiara asked us to scrap with red, yellow and blue which clearly guided my choices.

This week's challenge from The Studio Challenges is to be inspired by diamonds, be that the shape, the gem, the word or something else and obviously I've chosen to work with the shape. Finally Rochelle Spears asked us to use either flair or buttons in a 'This or That' challenge for May, and I've used the camera flair.



The photo is another old one of my son, where he moved as I took the picture. These days, with digital cameras, we'd just take another one, but this is all that I have and I decided to emphasize the movement with my title and journalling.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill?
Paper - My Mind's Eye Quilting Bee, My Mind's Eye Record It
Letters - October Afternoon

Flair - Quirky Kits
Stars - Studio Calico
Ink - Ranger, Docrafts, Memento
Washi Tape - Unknown
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Tando Creative Harlequin Mask
Amy Tangerine Polka Dot Stamp

4 comments:

  1. Love the design of this layout Amanda, sometimes having only scraps to play with can stop you over thinking your page (as I have a tendency to do!). The NSD weekend was such fun even though I am still trying to catch up with some of the challenges! I have hundreds of those film photo's that are not quite as perfect as I would like, perhaps I should just take a leaf out of your book and scrap them anyway to record the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful baby moment captured! Love your colour combo and design. Thank you for playing along with us at the Studio Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sweet. Your diamond background work is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a soft, sweet, beautiful page! Love the vintage appeal! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

    ReplyDelete