Wednesday 8 June 2016

Falls Road

It's been more than a month since I made a page from our cruise last summer but, despite a long detour, I'm going back to it now. The end is in sight as I am making pages from Belfast, our last port of call. The last page, Divided, told of the peace walls which separate loyalist and republican areas of the city; the people on both sides have painted murals on their buildings which show their heritage and the issues that are important to them, and I'm doing a page for each of them now. 

I've started with the Falls Road area which is republican; their murals remember the 1916 Easter Rising and the protests made by their political prisoners who were interred in the Maze Prison during the Troubles. I kept the page design really simple with strips of paper in Irish colours at the page edges; I'll do something similar for the opposite page for the loyalist Shankill Road but in red, white and blue. I'm hoping that when the two pages are next to each other you will be able to see similarities and differences in the two, and the borders in the middle will represent the wall between the two sides.




Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Pink Paislee Memorandum, Three Bugs in a Rug
Stickers - Tim Holtz, Paperchase, WHSmith
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories
Gems - ZVA Creative
Ink & Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot, Sizzix Wallflower Alphabet Dies & Nested Circles Die
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Make & Create Script Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment