Saturday 16 July 2016

The Queen's Battery

At last, after 10 months, I've finished the last page of my scrapbook for our cruise to Ireland and Canada last summer. It's another one from St John's in Newfoundland, with photos of the Queen's Battery, a row of 19th century cannons on Signal Hill, overlooking the Narrows, the harbour entrance.

None of the challenge blogs that I follow have a current sketch that I felt I could make work for these photos, so I went back to last month and Sketch #107 from Sketch-n-Scrap.

I don't have a lot of papers left from my album kit, but I put together three 12" strips for the basis of the page, and matted my photos on three smaller pieces in co-ordinating colours. 


Now all I have to do is wrestle 56 pages into one postbound album, easier said than done, even with extension posts (but I still don't like three ring albums so I will persevere).

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Colorbok Travel, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Stickers - Studio Calico, Anita's Glitterations, Tim Holtz, Ebay
Pearls - Scrapberry's
Ink & Mist - Docrafts

Tools
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment