Friday 12 August 2016

Raglan Castle

Gosh, I'm a slow scrapper - I started this page last weekend and I finished it last night. It's a double from Raglan Castle, which we visited at Easter. I found a sketch on Google that I think originally came from Page Maps, but I flipped the left side vertically so that my title and main photo would be at the top of the page.


I quickly picked the neutral brown and cream papers as being perfect for the castle's colours and pulled in the stripe for a bit of colour. When it came to embellishing, I didn't have much in that jade green, and using more brown would have made for a very dull page. Fortunately Shimelle posted a new prompt in The 20 Project about using a colour wheel to pick new colour combinations. Jade is opposite pink on the wheel, so I pulled in pink as an accent colour and I'm very happy with the look that gives to the page.



Supplies
Paper - K&Company, Melissa Frances, KaiserCraft Madame Boutique, KaiserCraft Secret Bird Society, Basic Grey
Letters - Pink Paislee
Word Sticker - Crate Paper
Pearls - Scrapberry's, Hobby House
Epoxy Circles - Ebay
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
Woodware Daisy Punch
Amy Tangerine Date Stamp


1 comment:

  1. Really lovely LOs, the soft pinks really work here!

    ReplyDelete