Friday 24 March 2017

Upstart Crow

British readers may recognise that Upstart Crow is a sitcom about William Shakespeare, written by Ben Elton. The second series has recently been filmed and my son and I were able to go to a recording last month. It was a fascinating evening, both listening to Ben Elton between takes and seeing how a TV programme is filmed. There was no photography allowed in the studios so I pinched this picture of the cast from the Radio Times website.


I subscribe to Quirky Kits, and we recently had a cyber-crop in the subscriber Facebook group. One of the challenges was a sketch, and I based this page on it, though I veered off course a little, as I often do. I saw the circles on the sketch as flowers, but I only used two of them, and the polaroid-style frames on the sketch morphed into chipboard filmstrip pieces on my page. 

Glitter Girl's Adventure 150 was about making stamps more of a feature on a page. I use stamps so very rarely, and almost always in the background, so I took on her challenge here by stamping and fussy-cutting the flowers for this page.


The dark colours and historical nature of the photo took me to a collection of 8x8 papers from the V&A Museum, but they were too busy to use more than one pattern. I teamed their floral with papers in similar colours from two 6x6 pads. I've had the chipboard for far too long; it was one long piece originally and has never worked on a page, but I feel that cutting it up and layering it with the stamped flowers has worked really well. 

Supplies
Paper - Creative Imaginations, Docrafts/V&A, 7Gypsies Avignon, Authentique Nestled, Echo Park Paradise Beach
Letters - S.E.I.
Chipboard - Creative Embellishments
Wood Veneer - Quirky Kits
Gems - ZVA Creative
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Docrafts/V&A Quilts Floral Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment