Monday 29 May 2017

Art Attack

Cindy's Page
This is the fourth and final page from the game of Chinese Whispers that we played recently in the Mind the Scrap Facebook group. This one started from Sarah and I was last to play, scraplifting Cindy's version as always. 

I chose to scrap a couple of photos of my husband and our friends' son painting together on holiday. I'd already printed them at different sizes but I added a piece of patterned paper to them to make a photo block similar to the one on Cindy's page. I backed it with strips of patterned paper from a 6x6 pad and switched it to the opposite side of the page to suit the direction that the people are facing in the photos. 

Since it's a page about painting, I decided on an inky background for my page and used a variation on the packaging technique. I inked up a piece of 12x12 acetate using colours to match my papers, spritzed it with water and smooshed the colour around before laying my cardstock on top. I cut a set of icons on my Silhouette to match Cindy's snowflakes, and spread them around the page as she had, but I preferred them in clusters. I cut my title on the Silhouette too, and moved it to the side as I had more space there.




These were the pages that came before Cindy and me - inspiration from Missy Whidden, Sarah's version of Missy's page, and Jo's lift of Sarah's page:



Mine is so different from that starting point, but the progression is clear to see.

Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV, American Crafts
Paper - My Mind's Eye Quilting Bee
Sticker - Cosmo Cricket
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug, Studio Calico
Ink - Ranger, Memento, Hobbycraft
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & Paper Issues 'Circle Fun' Cut File

No comments:

Post a Comment