Tuesday 23 May 2017

Run London 2017

I'm a member of the Mind the Scrap group over on Facebook where we've recently been playing 'Chinese Whispers' with scrapbook pages, passing a page from one to another and scraplifting it to produce a chain of related layouts. We played in groups of four, each picking a starting page or sketch and passing it round the group in turn so we each had a go at each design.

I wanted a layout with one main photo and space for lots of minor photos in order to scrap this year's London Marathon which one of our friends was running with one of her friends. My plan was to show all the different groups of people who were taking part, but to focus the attention on one main photo of 'our' runners. 

I eventually decided to scraplift one of my own old pages, from the Flåmsbana (Flåm Railway) in Norway. This was the original page (from December 2011), with only four photos and hardly any embellishment, but with plenty of scope for changing it to suit my current purpose. 

There's not a lot of colour in my photos; they're predominately grey but the reds and blues led me to a spotty paper from Photo Play, and I picked a grey triangle print as a neutral background. It needed livening up though, so I smooshed some ink and water on it using the 'packaging technique'; this gave me some colour behind my circle of photos without adding any large layers of paper.



More embellishment this time, an indication of both the change in my scrapbooking style and their general availability. I sort most of my embellishments by colour and that was really useful here as I picked out an assortment of pieces from different manufacturers and used up some older bits like the pinked chipboard circle. 

I passed my page to Sarah, who passed her version to Jo, who passed to Cindy; these were their pages.



Supplies
Paper - Pebbles/Jen Hadfield,  Photo Play Paper, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine, Echo Park, My Mind's Eye
Letters - Hobbycraft
Die Cut - Jillybean Soup
Stickers - Elle's Studio, Jillibean Soup
Chipboard - Making Memories?
Enamel Dots/Stars - Marianne Design
Ink - Docrafts, Ink It Up!
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter and Circle Templates


No comments:

Post a Comment