Tuesday 20 June 2017

QUEX - Queen Extravaganza

I'm continuing with 2016 photos, working backwards through the year, and I'm now in November when we saw the Queen Extravaganza at Hammersmith Appollo. They are a very special Queen tribute band, having been put together by Roger Taylor and Brian May, and they were playing the "A Night at the Opera" album in full. Photography wasn't allowed, but I wasn't the only one taking a few pictures, and I supplemented them with some from their Facebook page. 

This needed to be a double page, and I turned to the sketch archive at Stick It Down for ideas, picking this one from 2014. I had a half-sheet of music print paper which worked perfectly for the vertical panel on the sketch and found some 6x6 papers from the same collection to go with it. I picked dark blue for the panel across the bottom of the page to work with the blue hues in my photos, and decided on black for my background.



I cut the musical notes on my Silhouette (using a cut file based on some free clip art that I had made previously) and added washi tape, stickers and clear stars for further embellishments.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - 7Gypsies Avignon, Echo Park Hello Winter
Letters - American Crafts, October Afternoon
Stickers - Tim Holtz
Stars - Papermania
Washi Tape - Little B, The Works

Tools
Silhouette Portrait


No comments:

Post a Comment