Friday 28 July 2017

Dunstanburgh Castle

Back in May, Sarah posted 'Five Sketches in Five Days' in the Lottie Loves Paper Facebook group. I did three before I ran out of month, and had actually printed the photo and chosen a paper collection for the fourth, but got diverted into making Scrap Whispers/Chinese Whispers pages in June.

More recently, our router died and my computer and printer wouldn't talk to each other without it; I had to go back to pre-printed photos, and I picked up this page again.

The photo is from our Easter holiday in Northumberland, when we walked along the coast late one afternoon to Dunstanburgh Castle, a ruin on a headland that's not accessible by road. Being a page about a castle, there are no people in the photo, so I'm linking with The Studio Challenges blog, where a recent challenge was to scrap a page with no people.




I stuck fairly closely to the sketch, just moving the title cluster down to the bottom to get some separation between the two pieces of arrow print paper.

Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Free Spirit
Letters - My Mind's Eye
Enamel Dots - Echo Park

Tools
Big Shot, Little B Arrow Dies & X-Cut Camera Die

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout for a gorgeous photo! Thank you for joining us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever so pretty! Great job coordinating your palette with your pic! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

    ReplyDelete